The Garden Industry Manufacturers’ Association’s AGM took place on April 14 at the Heart of England Conference and Events Centre, with over 80 members in attendance.
During the proceedings the following appointments were announced:
- Chris Ramsden of Hozelock was voted in as GIMA president
- Richard Pyrah of Kelkay was voted in as vice president
- Kate Ebbens of Cadix has taken on the role of honorary secretary
- Nigel Thompson of Nigel Thompson Associates (representing Stewarts) retains the role of honorary treasurer
In addition to the existing council of:
- Colin Wetherley-Mein, Vitax Ltd
- Matt Jackson, Briers Ltd
- Rainer Schubert, The Scotts Miracle-Grow Co. Ltd
- David Carey, Mr. Fothergill’s Seeds Ltd
- Chris Holloway, Apta
- John Gomersall, Forest Garden
- Jason Perrin, LG Harris
- Mark Butler, Town & Country
- Simon McArdle, Westland Horticulture
New council members have been nominated to take on council membership, and they are:
- Heather Culpan, Burgon & Ball
- Craig Hall, Deco Pak
- Tara Truman, Outback BBQs
This maintains the GIMA council at its maximum capacity of 16, with extensive representation of the GIMA membership.
During his opening address, new GIMA president Chris Ramsden (pictured) vowed to progress the good work done by his predecessor, Colin Wetherley-Mein, by continuing to build relationships with other trade associations and work closely with GIMA director Vicky Nuttall to develop even more benefits for GIMA members.
The Association also reported a healthy financial position, with a small operating profit being recorded.
GIMA membership continues to grow steadily, with 14 new members joining since the start of the year, including two associate members.
New full members to GIMA include The Patio Black Spot Company, Knauf Insulation, Hum Partnership, Halewood International, BBQ Gourmet, Belstane, Bathgate Silica, Jardi d’Jo, Outback International, European Garden Products Husqvarna and Paroh. New associate members included Lawler Associates and PP8 Marketing.
Membership of GIMA is open to all manufacturers and suppliers of products to garden retail, with a UK or European base.